The Peoples Democratic Party, has said it maintained its stance on the disqualification of two out of 17 presidential aspirants namely, former lawmaker, Cosmas Ndukwe, and a US-based medical doctor, Nwachukwu Anakwenze.
It had earlier been reported that the David Mark-led nine-men screening committee on Friday disqualified the two aspirants.
Briefing journalists after the exercise at Legacy House, Mark, who did not disclose the reasons for their disqualification, simply said they did not meet the requirements.
He also noted that the two aspirants will not be refunded their N40m fees paid for nomination and expression of interest forms.
The 17 aspirants screened on Friday were: the only female aspirant in the race, Teriela Oliver; governors Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto; Nyesom Wike of Rivers; Bala Mohammed of Bauchi; Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom; Investment Banker and Economist, Mohammed Hayatu-Deen; and former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi.
Others are former Senate President, Pius Anyim; ex-President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, Sam Ohuabunwa; a United States-based medical doctor, Nwachukwu Anakwenze; the Publisher Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu; former Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Cosmos Ndukwe; Charles Ugwu and Chikwendu Kalu.
Also in the race is former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and former Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose.
Ndukwe and Anakwenze, however, chose to kick against their disqualification at the appeal committee on Wednesday.
During its sitting on Wednesday, the appeal committees led by the PDP national chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, uphold the disqualification status of the two aspirants.
Anakwenze, who spent over an hour with the appeal committee declined to address journalists at the end of his session.
Ndukwe, however, was not spotted at the Wadata Plaza National Secretariat of the Party. Report says he has since filed a lawsuit against the party in protest of his disqualification.